Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Celebration

Dressed in our stars and stripes bicycle jerseys we took to the road for a little ride in the hills.  I say hills because we have not ventured up into the mountains as yet.  I'm not into wizzing down those mountain roads on those skinny tires.  I don't know if I ever will.
Even Maggie and Goldie were dressed for the holiday.

Isn't this what ever American dog eats on 4th of July?
Maggie has really learned how to nibble at just the
watermelon and not the rhine! She's so cute to watch.

YUM!!!

After our ride we had a covered dish picnic dinner at church and waited for the sun to set so we could enjoy the fireworks display.  Fun was had by all riding Pastor Ben's gator, eating popcorn and socializing.




soon the hazy mountains in the background were....

a blaze with fireworks

1 comment:

  1. Now don't you all look festive!
    Love the firework shot, I tried, but with my camera...NOT!

    ReplyDelete