Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Power Of Prayer

Our thoughts on life seemed to change when we found out that Greg needed to have open heart surgery.  The hard part was waiting the two weeks...thinking about what was to happen and of course worrying.  Cindy, my philosophical daughter once told me that "the opposite of faith is fear...no fear allowed...trust God and trust yourself".  So with that in mind we put our trust in God and with lots of prayers from family and friends we made it through.  Greg ended up having 5 by-passes.  I have never felt such calmness before as I did during Greg's surgery.  I know that it was God wrapping his arms around me letting me know it was going to be alright.  We owe everything to God and the power of prayer.  Greg definitely had a guardian angel on his shoulder while hiking the months before his surgery.  Never did we ever imagine that his arteries were so blocked.

We Are Thankful...

We are thankful for so many things and so many people during Greg's surgery.  Without our son, Mike's help during that week I know I would have been a basket case.  He was very calm and helpful in so many ways.  He kept a constant vigil by his dad's side while I lay in bed at the motel with a stomach virus...yuck!  He drove his moaning mom home from Atlanta and saw her safely in bed.  All this was very hard on him because his family was enduring a major snow storm in MD.  While Mike was helping his mom in GA, our grandson Michael, was helping his mom shovel snow off the driveway.  What a little man!

Everybody has to have a break!

1 comment: