Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Going To The Woods......

I'm going backpacking for four days with friends.  I'm so happy to have found people that are as obsessed about the AT as I am!  I'll miss Greg, but he is sending me off with well wishes.  He would have come along, but those of you who follow know the rest of the story.
I'll have some pictures later.


When I am in the woods, I find a splendor and a deep sense of connectedness that brings peace.  It's a reverence that makes everything else make sense.  When I am in the wilderness, I know why I am here, what life is about, who I am.  Excerpted from "No Horizon is so Far" Ann Bancroft and Liz Amesen

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time in the woods!!
    I know you will get some great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to seee the pictures from your trip. I really like the bird photos below, they are beautiful. Wish I was in on Random act of Kindness #2, that bag of snickers looks most tempting.

    ReplyDelete