Saturday, March 6, 2010

Super Saturday

A great morning!  I can tell today is going to be a Super Saturday.  My favorite bird the Towhee is singing so sweetly..."fix your tea" he keeps saying over and over again.  Whenever we are backpacking this little bird is our signal to take a break and have a snack.
Golden sunlight is already shinning in spots on the snow covered mountains.  John Denver plays loudly..."Country Roads Take Me Home".  I'm definitely energized.  Another beautiful day.
We decided to do a little spring cleaning of the yard today.  Greg worked on an old birdhouse that had a lot of character, but when he tired to repair it, it fell apart so he's making a new one.  We were able to recycle the rusty roof.  Hopefully we'll be able to put a little character in the new one.  I'm going to restain our little wishing well.  It's a little weathered.  I hope our projects will be complete tomorrow because the weather is going to turn a little rainy.  The spring type weather was good while it lasted.

I couldn't resist taking pictures of the horses down the road.



Surprise!!
I uncovered this little flower peeking through the soil. 
I was so excited.
 
Red Headed Woodpecker
I nicknamed him Woody.
All my bird pictures are taken from
the window so they're not always clear. 
It's too cold to sit outside waiting
for that perfect shot.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new music!:)
    Can't wait to see Dad's birdhouse...maybe he will make us one!

    ReplyDelete