Friday, March 5, 2010

Random Acts Of Kindness # 2

Our second Random Act of Kindness during the season of Lent was giving out "trail magic" to the thru hikers in the form of homemade cookies, Easter candy and chips.  Four other friends joined in on the fun.  We brought chairs and set up a table at Unicoi Gap to catch the thru hikers as they came down off the trail.  We didn't have a lot of hikers...10-12, but those we did have were very grateful.  We had a lot of fun chatting with them.  They took advantage of being able to sit in a chair and a few acted as though they really didn't want to head up the steep hill out of the gap.  We even offered to take their trash...that's something a hiker always gets rid of at every opportunity.
It was a beautiful sunny day with not a cloud in the sky.  I really enjoyed the warm sun on my face.  It helped to make you forget it was in the 40's and breezy.  Like John Denver's song...Sunshine On My Shoulders..."sunshine almost always makes me high"..."if I had a wish that I could wish for you; I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while."  The sun definitely made me very joyous today.


~ you couldn't have bluer skies than this ~




~ a smile of thankfulness ~


~ a hungry hiker with a smile on his face ~


~ reading the weather forecast for the next several days...yeah sunny! ~

~ even the girls enjoyed the sunshine ~


Nature Shots



~ closer to spring every day ~

2 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise for them! I'm sure they appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I saw the crunchy Cheetos, but where were the M&Ms???

    ReplyDelete